Friday, January 2, 2009

chastised by chalets.

No, I have not been sexually abused at the chalets. Don't get misled by the word I used. Haha. It just that I have been having quite a mass influx of chalets in the month of december that its quite punishing on my schedule, and body. I shall blog on my most recent chalet, the Photog chalet.

The chalet was held in conjunction with Ops Ubin, (pardon the use of army terms but I have no idea why the organisers were hell bent on using such foul terminology). Together with the juniors, we went to Pulau Ubin for a day's trek to take some photos. Armed with my jungle hat, we set off insanely early in the day to catch the ferry to Ubin and there we were, walking around in a forest. Oddly enough, I was rather disappointed with the so-called abundance of nature in Ubin as well as the famous Chek Jawa. Maybe I'm used to being outfield and don't really appreciate nature when you're actually tired, sweaty, hungry and carrying a rifle. But all there was around, was just green. The foilage and all were so repetitive (that's why its a forest huh) and nothing really caught my eye. The only interesting insight that i gained in Ubin was that the seagrass in Chek Jawa was actually unique only to that place. Apparently this type of seagrass only thrives in the seamud that is also unique to Chek Jawa. Henceforth the whole commotion about the reclaimation works to be done in Chek Jawa last time.

For the chalet, it was held at the changi bungalows, and it was REALLY out of the way, but it was REALLY big as well. There were around 4 bedrooms, and get this, a kitchen. Wow. Fine I have not been to this chalet before and i shall risk sounding like a himbo, but I have not seen a kitchen attached to a chalet before, together with all the works like cutlery, pots. I could have just cooked for the chalet right there and then since it was a potluck. We got the barbecue going, (no thanks to me of course. I, who refuses to help start the fire) and here's a scary fact for those who swear by barbecues. Get this, when you stand over the bbq pit for 2hours, you're inhaling the equivalent of 220,000 cigarettes! Heh. And NO, I'm not making this up to cover up for my laziness. I got this off the newpapers, Mind Your Body.

I managed to catch up with the peeps, having not seen them for quite a while, but catching up only entertains myself so much. Being quite afraid of boredom (this is an interesting issue in today's teens and I shall touch on this another time), with everyone kinda separating into their own cliques and generation. I got everyone who was staying over and we started playing stupid card games. Nothing better entertains me than having fun together in a group, laughing and talking rubbish. And i thoroughly enjoyed this chalet, with the exception of my frens wanting to go to changi beach at 4am in the morning. Nuh-uh, for me, I just went to sleep. I don't get it when people say that when you go to a chalet, you don't sleep. I don't get the point in that. If you do not get any rest at all, in the morning, when the fresh and fully rested Alex comes out to greet you, its like Resident Evil : Part IV or something, where everyone are like zombies. When you go to a chalet, get some damn sleep so that you can continue to have fun the next day.

Cant sleep when you're so excited? Alcohol works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment