Saturday, December 27, 2008

pursuit of happiness.

I realised one thing about myself, that when I'm not concentrating on doing something, like when I'm travelling or lumping in bed, my thoughts tend to stray around. And I don't mean looking at who is wearing the shortest skirt, you pervs. Haha. I tend to reflect on what's going on in my life, and muse about life.

I was thinking about the lengths people go through in their own pursuits of happiness, be it money, money, or money. And nope, I didn't have a typo. I do agree that money does bring a lot of happiness to those that have a lot of it. So happiness is proportional to money. I am having a severe financial crunch now, but it doesn't necessarily make me unhappy, though I still am unhappy about not having adequate money. But the point I'm trying to make it that, well at least for me, is that real happiness for me comes in the form of Security. Having your good friends around you, knowing that they are the ones you can rely on, being in a familiar environment, comforts in the most subtle way.

Is it dangerous to trust too much that you will get hurt in the end? Or trust too little and be too cynical, and left alone?

Ah hell, this is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment