Monday, December 15, 2008

ramblings.

Today as I was walking along the streets, I was thinking that, the older I got, the more things I had to say, i.e. im getting more and more lor sor. Perhaps another reason I decided to have this blog, as no one would probably want to listen to all my inner ramblings, apart from myself. ha. But think about it, in my younger days (HAHA!) when blogging was quite the craze, everyone was like pressured to keep posting, and most of the posts were quite forced, and actual quality contents were found wanting. But I'm not one to judge on the quality of posts, looking at my own rubbish thoughts that have materialised in the posts. (i still like to re-read my crap.)

I was thinking about the purpose of my blog, and what do I want to achieve with it, and I figured I'd like to find out how my thought processes have matured and changed over the years, should be quite interesting though.

I was trying to do an online check-in for my cruise onboard the caribbean cruises and by god, I have never seen such a long and irritating list of options and stupid questions while doing the check-in. Fine, one can say its quality service accomodating to each individual passenger, but for this grumpy passenger here, just let me check in and you can pamper me when I'm actually onboard your ship.

*goes on a long rant of how some places have low efficiency and bad service.

But seriously, I can understand how Singapore is rated high in efficiency for the service side, and we're all too used to the standards here to appreciate it. One good example is our famed Changi Airport Immigration Counters. I went to Taiwan for a holiday in November 2008. Singapore has that automated gate that makes use of the new biometric passport to clear immigration - love it. When i was in Taiwan returning to Singapore, there was no automated gate (fine forgiven), and there was only 5 human counters working with the queue rapidly swelling but were clearing people so slowly! Absolutely Annoying. Especially when we were all trying to do some last minute duty free shopping. I have no idea how Changi Airport trains their staff, but they're so much faster compared to the staff in Taiwan.

*rambles on how much I love the efficiency in Singapore.

-pauses for awhile.

*rambles on how difficult it is to live in Singapore with all the rising costs.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment