Monday, December 22, 2008

scrubbed.

The comedy sitcom Scrubs, and my intestines were thoroughly scrubbed during my bout of food poisoning. I realised one thing during my cruise, is that I like to hold mental monologues in my head. *flashback to the episode in Scrubs that J.D was saying the exact same thing* haha. I'm kinda weird in a way huh. But I think I kinda can relate to Scrubs as the way the sitcom goes is that it is narrated by the inner voice of the main characters with some of the quirky things that we usually make up in our minds to entertain ourselves.

Speaking about entertaining ourselves, I was rather bored during the cruise even though the service was impeccable. The staff were extremely friendly and I feel that you're indebted to smile back and not cause trouble for them cos they Really pamper and suit to your needs. Wow. Each table during dinner had their own personal waiter & assistant waiter, check that out, and the waiter assigned to me was a real funny guy. When he was clearing the plates for desert, he was mumbling to himself "..calories, calories, calories.." quite amusing. Maybe I'll try to upload one of the many dining table tricks he was performing for our table below.

*fails miserably as I find out I haven't uploaded the photos from my camera yet.

*uploads photos 3months later~



But the sumptuous dinner aside, there wasn't much entertainment during the day, save for the after dinner entertainment show. That got me holding a rather large amount of mental monologues in my head, ranging from the downright quirky to the more zen ones. Here's one of the more zen ones :

Friends. Friendships. What does one expect in a friendship? Basic ones like being there for a friend, not disappear randomly, being able to talk and connect. But I find it kinda sad when friends start to take advantage of you, thinking that you are always going to be there for them, stating that its a rule and the norm that you have to take care of them, even though the friendship that one expects is NOT reciprocated. Its worse when friends start fitting you according to their other friends' schedule, making the excuse that yes, they DO make time for you. Strange no? But rather irritating too.

Oddly enough, I had a mental monologue ABOUT my mental monologues, wondering if I spend too much time thinking to myself.

Hmm. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment