Wednesday, April 29, 2009

expecting.

Nope, I am not pregnant, no matter how suspicious of my expanding belly you may be. Haha.

I have been holding this post back for quite awhile, in view of my preparations for my darling girlfren's birthday. Stressful, but to look at her smiling & shocked face when everything fell according to plan was just oh so sweet.

((:

Expectations of others is what I am gonna muse about in this post. Would it be easier to live without having expectations of others? To avoid disappointment of others not matching your expectation level, with the added bonus of being surprised when others do something unexpected for you.

I apply this for my acquaintances as I do not put in so much effort for such friendships.

How about close friends?

They can argue that you should know their character and you cant expect certain things from them, but then again, they should know your expectations of them.

When I feel that someone has a certain expectation for me, I would try my best to live up to that expectation. Perhaps its just personal pride to live up to what others expect of me.

But in a relationship, there are bound to be certain expectations of each other. Perhaps it is always best to say it out at the start of the relationship, rather than to wait for things to happen.

But then again, love blinds us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment